In the U.S., over 30 million people live with rare diseases, and 300 million are affected globally.
- Over 7,000 rare diseases are known, but less than 400 of them have approved treatments.
- 1:10 people suffer from a rare disease in the United States.
- 50% of those affected are children.
- 30% of rare disease patients will not live to see their 5th birthday.
- Rare diseases are responsible for 35% of deaths in the first year of life.
- Costs to sequencing the genome decreased from $95,263,072 in 2001 to $4,905 in 2014.
Our biggest challenge: little funding is designated to research on rare or undiagnosed diseases.
Donate today to help Rare Genomics:
- Connect patients to next generation sequencing services.
- Help families with financial hardship raise money to pay for sequencing.
- Analyze sequencing results.
- Coordinate follow up functional research studies with collaborating scientists.
- Help rare disease families connect.
Some highlights of our accomplishments in this past year include:
- Managed 40 patient exome and whole genome sequencing projects.
- Achieved 9 funded projects worth an estimated $933,000 for patients in need.
By donating, you'll be joining our community of researchers, doctors, business leaders, and families to bring back hope to patients with rare diseases.
The Rare Genomics Institute Team (RG)
Phone: +1 844-448-RARE (7273)
2657 Annapolis Road Suite G #105 Hanover, MD 21076 USA
RG is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. Your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law.